Mind over matter
IT WAS MAGICAL!
I've never in my life, completed the whole phrase in 1 breath, even on the concert day. But, my dear Vincent, sat down and patiently listened to me ah eh ee oh oo to him and I finally did it!
"no.. no.. ah good.. ya..ya.. er no.. ya ya.. better"
Tt's all he said during my practice. He finally requested for me to sing the long phrases that I nv had enough breath to complete. He wanted to understand why it happens.
Initially, I was like, oh, haiz.. ok just sing. But when I opened my mouth, even I was surprised by the tone I was producing, and then to my surprise, i managed to complete the phrase and have breath left.
We stood there staring at each other, both in disbelief and utter shock. It was a magical silence. It was just amazing.
And today I had a short prac with shixuan as my critic. He taught me his funny action and gave me nice analogies for my voice. "It's like a balloon that is pulled down by a stone". I feel so fortunate to have patient people around me! haha!
I'm really glad i didnt do well for the concert. It pushed me to practise harder for my voice exam and to take it more seriously. I hope Mr Kuek will be happy tommorrow with the work I did over the past few days, bending down to sing, oooing and covering my sound for the liders, kicking my diaphragm for lusinghe and relaxing my jaw.
I still haven't corrected my frowns and incessant blinks haha! Rest assured I will soon. Very soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home