The child in me
took control of me when I went for dinner with my family today.
My parents, Teresa, Vincent and I went to the Royal Cafe for dinner. The moment I sat down, I spotted the long white short table that lined the glass window at the entrance. There was this long pit in between the table and the window. It was filled to the brim with multicoloured lego pieces.
I got excited when I saw the lego pieces. I felt the creative juices oozing out of me and was inspired to create, to build! I lost control of myself and left the dinner table to sit at that corner. I pulled out the pink coloured stool from under the white table, picked up a couple of blocks and felt the child in me take over.
I started sorting the colours and then mixing them as I built my first structure. I started with 2 robot legs in mind but had a stroke of idea! I hung on to the picture in my head as my fingers scoured for the colours and sizes of lego blocks that could materialise my imaginary picture. Stack stack, remove. Stack stack stack, remove. Stack. Wa la!
It was Angkor Wat!
I showed it to my family and I think they were just humouring me but it doesn't matter. They did not stop me from creating other famous landmarks haha!
I returned to the construction site where I worked intently on Effiel Tower. While building the Civilian War Memorial, a little boy wearing a mickey bib hit my Effiel Tower. I was horrified and screamed "Ah my Effiel Tower!" He looked stunned and looked like he was in tears and quickly bounced away. Opps. I didn't mean the out burst. It was just my reflex action. Anyway, when I was finally done, I took a step back and admired the beauty of creation. It was magnificent I must say.
I smiled happily to myself.
I was pleased.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home