My Tissue Angels
I've been meaning to pen this post for some time already but I kept procrastinating. Finally I am writing haha!
I feel really fortunate to be surrounded by unsuspecting angels. Some are there for me when I need a shoulder, some are there to share my joys and others, my walking calendars HAHA!
Recently, I met with 1 tissue angel that made me realise, I've actually had a few encounters with people armed with packets of tissues just when I need them.
Last Thursday, I was heading to town to meet Sue Lynn Marcus and Gabriel for Ascension Mass at Cathedral. I checkED iris and realised the bus was coming soon. When I reached East Coast Road I saw 14 and dashed 100metres for it. I felt so happy when I got to the bus. It's the only form of exercise I get haha! But I knew something was wrong when I smelt my moisturiser. It was a terrible sight when I opened my bag and discovered that the moisturiser bottle cap dislodged, probably during my vigorous chase of the bus, a blanket of cream over my belongings.
My pencil case was soaked, my brother's thumb drive was drenched, my financial calculator was smeared and my random items that I threw into my bag were coated with cream. I took out my stuff 1 by 1, wiping the moisturiser on my hands so that I wouldn't waste it. This was when an angel appeared!
The old lady sitting opposite me stretched out a packet of tissue. THANK YOU GOD! I smiled, thanked her and took one ply as she insisted I take another. Seeing the amount of cream I split, she subsequently gave me the whole packet. I felt really touched. Being Marie, I made some conversation with her and found out she's going to Holy Family for Ascension Mass! How coincidental. haha! I'm really grateful that there are gracious Singaporeans around.
The next incident was one that Teresa reminded me of. I was sitting at a bus stop, drowning in my own tears, ranting to Teresa on the phone and frantically drying my face with my right sleeve. In the midst of the emotions and blurred vision, I saw a young guy in working clothes who shoved a packet of tissue in my hands and left. I couldn't see his face with all the tears welling in my eyes so I just smiled at the silhouette and blurted out thank you. I was very touched by him so I kept his tissue packet. It's still with me, in a treasure box in my room haha!
Of cos there are those frequent toilet tissue angels. I've met a couple who take their initiative to offer me tissue after seeing how I move from cubicle to cubicle, obviously scouring for toilet paper. Even my sec 2 chinese teacher brandished a roll of toilet paper from her bag to offer me. HAHA!
And we have our dear Terence who is our Fides tissue boy. He never fails to give us his usual replies when we ask him for tissue.
"Terence, you got tissue?"
"Got. Wet or dry?"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home