Dim Sum Dollies during Lent
Well written, well composed, well directed and well produced. Selena Tan, Emma Yong and Pam Oei as the Dim Sum Dollies, Hossan Leong as the chopsticks and the 6 male dancers as Lor My Guys haha! I watched Dim Sum Dollies yesterday. The actors were just simply wonderful. The way they were able to switch from character to character within a second was amazing. Loved their accents of different races; Malay, Japanese, Indian, British, Irish. It was so funny! Even from Circle 1, I could see their emotions clearly, on their faces and through their body language. I wonder though if they were singing it live. Dancing and singing is no joke. My favourites of the night were Selena Tan and Hossan Leong (OMG he has hot legs!).
I was also impressed at how they managed to drop so many satires and parodies of Singapore's current affairs. Very witty, very witty indeed. Particularly liked the jokes on the Government. Nah I have nothing against them, just admiring the way the writers injected Government humour in a light hearted way. One example was how a certain HE was sung about, with a tuneful cheerful melody (I was tapping my foot all the way and moving my shoulders up and down and shifting my head from left to right to the rhythm of the music haha!) and lyrics with key words like EternaLEE, CleverLEE, SensitiveLEE and MonopoLEE. I think my cackles easily travelled all the way to the stall seats from Circle 1. Could not help it! It just came out haha!
$80 was more than worth it (:
Went to attend Stations of the Cross with Tracy, Vincent and Nick Tan today (While QQ and Nick Chia were serving). The words in this particular SOTC was different. It was all in poetic form. It was all short phrases, at the most 6 words and mostly 2 words 2 words. So interesting. Glad I attended it. Now it feels more like Lent.
There's so many things to do. AS ESSAY HERE I COME!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home