Logging
I need to log my events for the today. It felt really long but don't get me wrong, it was long in a good way. Bear with me. Here we go...
Woke up late for voice so we took a taxi at 830am for our 9am class. We would have been on time if the taxi driver had not acted smart and turned into Kim Chuan instead of Defu even after CLEAR instructions. At least we managed to catch Mr Kuek in a good mood. And I'm getting all excited about voice lessons! Starting to get the hang of using the tiff griff and hawf griff. In Mr Kuek's words, "It's coming along, it's coming along. PATIENCE!"
I realised that singing is like math. You try so hard at a problem and are not willing to give up. And when you get the right solution, you gain the most priceless sense of satisfaction. Somehow it feels like you've attained Nevada. Not that I've experienced Nevada but I should think that is how it feels. Feeling you are resonating the most glorious sound from the correct places and freely. MAN! I wish I could feel like that everyday...
Anw, Vincent is sounding better! His range has improved, his falsetto is more predictable and his voice is more resonant. Wonderful! I'm glad he has not given up (: Very soon he'll be able to sound like that fantastic Polish alto we heard today. What's his name again? Karber something? Can't remember his name but can't forget his voice.
I think men should learn how to cook. It's such a good skill to pick up. Look at Mr Kuek. Makes EXTREMELY TASTY soya bean milk! I really don't believe he squeezed it himself. Plus all the Hyatt prawns and crocodile meat he cooks for himself. It's not everyday you get to try these delicacies and moreover, it is so much more expensive to eat them outside. Learn how to cook and eating such delicacies suddenly seems cheap!
Took a ride from Mr Kuek to Bugis Junciton where Vincent and I coincidentally bumped into Joanne and her Moortarbet OG group. It was quite embarrassing when I shouted out at her with a mouthful of chocolate. I bet her friends were secretly laughing at how unglam I was haha! Vincent and I then avoided them like they had syphilis and found ourselves in Delifrance. It has lousy food by the way. Yuck.
AGM meeting was long! But glad I was there. Learnt many interesting things (:
Met Siying and Cheryl outside Mr Bean. Haven seen them for a long time and it was so fun! What can I say, since when was gossiping with friends not entertaining! We were soon approached by this young looking lad from MCYS who wanted to do a survey. His name is Kang Xun if I did not hear wrongly. He took the empty seat opposite me and naturally I became the one doing the survey. It was about marriage and relationships. Took about 25mins for just one survey. But it was quite a good experience. Some of the questions took me some time to think about. Others were enlightening. Things that I never considered were brought up. I thought and answered the questions carefully like as if it was the question "will you marry me", with care and not indiscriminately. It helped me keep in check of what I really want in life.
Then came flimming for SMUBE Campus TV, season 4, episode 3, A or no A. If Wanlyn had not pointed out, I may not have been able to appreciate this night. We were very privileged to have with us, Jonny, year 4, professional host on Nickelodeon, Stageit member, Grand head of WAR and valuable talent of SMUBE. Or at least, these are the only things that I know of him. He is just wonderful on screen! Wait. He’s wonderful off screen as well! He memorized his script just with a snap of your fingers and he did not even need to characterize. Wham! Just into character the moment Saurav shouted “Action!” I will always remember the only serious look on his face that night and what he said. “Saurav, be professional. If you need me to repeat the lines over and over again, just do it.” Spoken like a true professional.
It was a pleasure working with him, what with his disarming wit, spontaneous expressions, infectious laughter, ability to pull of the same scene over and over again with the same amount of energy, exact phrases and words but varying expressions through his immense creativity. He knew how to work his angles and connect scenes smoothly. Also, he had a very good understanding and interpretation of his character and it was translated effectively onto screen. He is what I call an actor that needs little or no directing. I had so much to learn from him but so little time! I hope we managed to capture good shots of him and will produce an episode that would do justice to his innate (or so I assume so) abilities.
I’m also very appreciative of all of the actors, actresses and “extras” who came down today. Bimbo girls, Ivee, Desiree and Hui Fen, Father Vincent, Jessie Terence, Adrian Bang Jonny, past boss Wan Lyn, current Nat, future boss Lynn, Ryan and the whole production team! Thanks for being so patient and for being a part of this production. It really means a lot to me. Thanks!
That’s the end of logging my day but tomorrow marks the start of logging for A or no A. I hope I remember my stuff. Well, I have more pressing things to do like, prepare the script for my BGS elevator pitch and of course SLEEP! Good night everyone and congrats Singapore for Youth Olympics!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home